Scope of this policy
We’re happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed and/or answer any questions you may have (please refer to the “ABOUT US” section below).
Who are we?
We are Sufi Travels and Tours LLC, a company incorporated in United Kingdom under company number 10763978. You’ll find our registered address below.
Who’s the Data Controller?
How to contact us
FAQ: Data Protection Officer
Address: 85 Great Portland Street,
What personal information do we collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you (and about any other person you include on your booking) which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes your name, title, date of birth, gender, passport details.
- Contact Data includes your address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Sensitive Data includes information concerning medical conditions, disabilities, religious or philosophical beliefs and criminal convictions and offences.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, survey and promotional responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Apart from the Sensitive Data referred to above, we do not collect any other Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this also includes details about your race, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership and information about your genetic and biometric data).
Information about other people
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our products and services). We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information in compliance with your local data protection laws. We usually collect your personal information directly from you during the course of your relationship with us. We will collect this information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Generally, this collection will occur:
- when you deal with us either in person, by telephone, letter, email;
- when you visit any of our websites; or
- when you connect with us via social media.
We may collect personal information about you:
- when you purchase or make enquiries about travel arrangements or other products and services;
- when you enter competitions or register for promotions;
- when you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters);
- when you request brochures or other information from us; or
- when you provide information, or use our services, on social media.
In some circumstances, it may be necessary for us to collect personal information about you from a third party. This includes where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for you by your employer). Where this occurs, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking.
Where you make a travel booking on behalf of another person (e.g. a family or group booking or a travel booking made for an employee), you agree to have obtained the consent of the other person for Sufi Travels and Tours to collect, use and disclose the other person's personal information in accordance with this Notice and that you have otherwise made the other person aware of this Notice.
You should let us know immediately if you become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent or if you did not obtain consent before providing another person's personal information to us.
We make every effort to maintain the accuracy and completeness of your personal information which we store and to ensure all of your personal information is up to date. However, you can assist us with this considerably by promptly contacting us if there are any changes to your personal information or if you become aware that we have inaccurate personal information relating to you. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal information that you, or a person acting on your behalf, provide to us.
How do we use your personal information?
We will only process your information, where:
- you have given your consent to such processing (which you may withdraw at any time)
- the processing is necessary to provide our services to you;
- the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; and/or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal information.
Where you contact us in relation to a travel booking or query, the purpose for which we collect your personal information is generally to provide you with travel advice and/or to assist you with booking travel and/or travel related products and services. However, the purpose for collection may differ depending on the particular circumstances as disclosed in this Notice (e.g. collection of your personal information for the purpose of your participation in a competition, provision of feedback, etc.).
When you book or otherwise arrange travel related products and services through us, we usually act as an agent for the relevant travel service providers (e.g. for a hotel). In this case, we process your personal information as necessary so as to provide the services you requested from us. This usually includes collecting personal information about you both for our internal purposes as described in this Notice and for the travel service provider for whom we act as agent (e.g. to provide you with the booked services). For example, if you book a flight through us, then we use your personal information to enable your flight to be booked and disclose it to the airline to enable the airline to provide the flight service to you.
We act as agent for or on behalf of many thousands of travel service providers around the world, so it is not possible for us to set out in this Notice all of the travel service providers for whom we act or their locations.
The purposes for which we collect personal information further include:
- providing you with our products and services
- identification of errors;
- protecting against, deterring, detecting and investigating fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activities;
- regulatory reporting and compliance;
- developing and improving our products and services and those of our related entities;
- servicing our relationship with you by, among other things, creating and maintaining a customer profile to enable our brands to service you better or presenting options on our website we think may interest you based on your browsing and preferences;
- involving you in market research, gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feedback regarding our relationship with you and/or the service we have provided;
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs;
- for research and analysis in relation to our business and services, including but not limited to trends and preferences in sales and travel destinations and use of our websites;
- internal accounting and administration;
- to comply with our legal obligations, including complying with law enforcement or government authority requests, and any applicable customs/immigration requirements relating to your travel; and
- other purposes as authorised or required by law (e.g. to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or to enforce our legal rights).
Where permitted by local data protection laws, we may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities relating to our products and services (and those of third parties) that we think may interest you, unless you have requested not to receive such information. These may include, but are not limited to, mail outs, electronic marketing and notifications as described below, and telephone calls). We will only use your personal information to send electronic marketing materials to you (including e-newsletters, email, SMS, MMS and iM) if you have opted-in to receive them or not opt-ed out of receiving them, depending upon the applicable law. You can subscribe to receive e-newsletters and other electronic promotional/marketing materials by following the relevant links on our website or requesting one of our consultants to do so for you.
Should you no longer wish to receive promotional/marketing material from us, participate in market research or receive other types of communication from us, please refer to the “Feedback / Complaints / Contact” section below (section14). You can unsubscribe from receiving electronic marketing materials by following the unsubscribe prompt in your email, SMS, MMS, iM or other form of electronic marketing. Please also see the “Your rights” section of this Notice to learn about your ability, at any time, to opt out or limit the use of your browsing behaviour for online behavioural advertising purposes.
Is personal information disclosed to third parties?
We do not and will not sell, rent out or trade your personal information. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties in the ways set out in this Notice and, in particular, as set out below, and in accordance with your local data protection laws. Note that, in this Notice, where we say “disclose”, this includes to transfer, share (including verbally and in writing), send, or otherwise make available or accessible your personal information to another person or entity.
Your personal information may be disclosed to the following types of third parties:
When you engage us to book flights on your behalf, we will provide your personal information (i.e. name, email address and/or mobile number) to the relevant airline. This enables airlines to advice passengers of irregular flight operations and disruptions (e.g. flight cancellations, schedule changes) directly.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety of an individual or to public health or safety or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), or where such disclosure is authorised or required by law (including applicable privacy / data protection laws).
Keeping your information secure
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. For example, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which means that your information can’t be read by anyone who doesn’t need to see it. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. When you get in touch with us, we’ll ask you a couple of security questions before we share any personal details just to check it’s you. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those colleagues, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your Sufi Travels and Tours account log in details to anyone. Please always remember to logout of your account when you have finished using our website.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your rights in relation to information we collect.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request accessto your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correctionof the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasureof your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processingof your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transferof your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Complaints to the regulator
If you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this notice you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. You can contact them by going to their website at ico.org.uk, phoning them on 0303 123 1113 or by post to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF.
When you access our website, use any of our mobile applications or open electronic correspondence or communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address. An IP address is a series of numbers which identify your computer, and which are generally assigned when you access the internet.
We may use IP addresses for system administration, investigation of security issues and compiling anonymous data regarding usage of our website and/or mobile applications. We may also link IP addresses to other personal information we hold about you and use it for the purposes described above (e.g. to better tailor our marketing and advertising materials, provided you have opted in to receive electronic marketing).
Tracking Technologies / Cookies
In addition to the first party cookies mentioned above, we may use anonymised third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps, such as Google analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
Changes to our notice
We may amend this Notice from time to time. If we make a change to the Notice, the revised version will be posted on our website. We will post a prominent notice on our website to notify you of any significant changes to our Notice and indicate at the end of the Notice when it was most recently updated. It is your responsibility, and we encourage you, to check the website from time to time in order to determine whether there have been any changes.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 01 January 2022.